In 2016, Selah Downtown Association, in partnership with the City of Selah, Selah Chamber of Commerce, and Selah School District, hired the urban planning firm Arnett Muldrow & Associates to help the city and these community organizations re-imagine downtown Selah and the surrounding area.
Among the chief goals of this project were:
• Define downtown Selah and consider the feasibility of specific streetscape, beautification and other design improvements.
• Develop a unified marketing strategy to integrate and enhance the efforts of the city, school district, and local community organizations.
• Foster investment in the downtown district and surrounding areas to engage residents and improve the city.
• Promote the "Viking Way" as a branding statement and vision for the local school district.
• Enhance the presence of community organizations in the downtown and increase local civic pride among all residents.